- 604 South 3rd Avenue, Marshalltown, IA 50158, USA
In 1902, Concrete Stone Company started making Concrete Brick and assorted products at the site which is now Marquart’s Waterloo location. Concrete Stone was formed by a group of lumber wholesalers that recognized a need for concrete brick in the area. Over the next several decades, the company went through several ownership changes until 1931, when Charlie Marquart purchased the business and changed the name to Marquart Concrete Block Company. Charlie ran it until the 1960’s when his daughter Maxine, along with Wayne Howard, took over. It was sold to Manatt’s, Inc. in November of 1986. Manatt’s changed the name to Marquart Block Company and grew the company; opening a sales office in Dubuque in 1988, buying the Grand Junction plant in 1991; and finally adding the Marshalltown plant in 1999. Manatt’s sold the company to Dakota Red Corporation in May of 2005 and the name became Marquart Concrete Products. Dakota Red Corporation also owns King’s Material, Inc. which is a company similar to Marquart that manufactures and sells many of the same products as Marquart.
The Clear Lake location began their block manufacturing operation in 1945 as Zeidler Concrete Products. In 2003, Zeidler was purchased by Dakota Red Corporation. The name remained Zeidler Concrete Products until January 2006, when it was changed to Marquart Concrete Products.
The variety of landscaping, concrete masonry, and brick products add to their ability to provide building materials throughout the Midwest.
Please login to add your review.